"Christ takes away your sin, and in doing so, he takes away your commonness. No longer need you say, 'No one knows me.' God knows you. He engraved your name on his hands and keeps your tears in a bottle (Isa. 49:16; Ps. 56:8)... Ps. 56:9
And his kingdom needs you. The poor need you; the lonely need you; the church needs you... the cause of God needs you. The kingdom needs you to discover and deploy your unique skill. Use it to make much out of God. Get the word out. God is with us; we are not alone.
[However] it makes no sense to seek your God-given strength until you trust in his."
~Cure for the Common Life (pg 68) Max Lucado
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- It's his love
- Am I truly loved? Why do I exist? What is the value of my life? Do I matter? Is God truly good? These are questions that I struggle with. I don't think that I am alone with these insecurities. Even with the hope and promise of the great future in Christ, I still become discouraged. I know the answers to those questions, but I forget. So easily. So I will fight the lies of Satan, and "be encouraged" with the truth of God's amazing, unfailing, and all-sufficient love. I will remember, and here's how.
No comments:
Post a Comment