I often feel like this rose bush. Like I was created to be beautiful, sweet, and to be admired for all of my lovely qualities. So often it seems as though there are simply thorns covering my bush, or when there is an occasional flower blossom here or there, it is simply not enough to make the whole plant beautiful, or worth it."My eyes are small but they have seen the beauty of enormous things! Which leads me to believe there's light enough to see that... You make everything glorious! You make everything glorious! You make everything glorious! And I am yours... What does that make me?" (Everything Glorious, David Crowder Band)

I say this not to excuse our actions, and not to hinder us in our growth in becoming who we should be, but to encourage our hearts, which the tempter messes with above all else. Satan knows what a powerful thing it would be for us to trust fully in the goodness and love of our Savior, which his why he hits at the core of our lives, to destroy our hope. Christ says that the greatest commandments are to love. He also says we should love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. (Mattew 22:37) How do we love God with our strength. No, seriously.
I do know that God loves each one of us, and he wants us to love.

Love.
(1 Corinthians 13) If you read almost anywhere in the N.T. it says to love. I think I need to go figure out what it means to love God with my strength.

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you, its only seed
It's the heart, afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream, afraid of waking
That never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul, afraid of dying
That never learns to live
When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love, in the spring
Becomes the rose.

Oh, thank you, Hannah! GOD is using this truth to minister to my heart.. Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteWhat a Savior...