"... It becomes crucial that we become a generation of storytellers who are both recapturing the glory and joy of the Sacred Romance (Christ's love) even as we tell each other our particular stories so that we can help each other, through God's Spirit, see his plan of redemption at work in us. In evangelical circles so often we try to apply formulas to each other with total disregard for where we are in our own story."
~ The Sacred Romance, John Eldredge and Brent Curtis, pg 114
Yes, indeed it is crucial for us to be storytellers. Retelling the stories of God's goodness, and his mighty acts. So that we remember. We need to remember.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- It's his love
- Am I truly loved? Why do I exist? What is the value of my life? Do I matter? Is God truly good? These are questions that I struggle with. I don't think that I am alone with these insecurities. Even with the hope and promise of the great future in Christ, I still become discouraged. I know the answers to those questions, but I forget. So easily. So I will fight the lies of Satan, and "be encouraged" with the truth of God's amazing, unfailing, and all-sufficient love. I will remember, and here's how.
No comments:
Post a Comment